Saturday, February 28, 2009

Let not our hearts be troubled!!

1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions;[a] if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.[b] 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

John 14: 1-4 NKJV


My Mother used to have this passage on a plaque in our home when I was growing up. I used to see it all of the time without giving it much thought. It seemed so far away and irrelevant to me. As I have progressed in years and have come to grips with my own mortality, It has become one of my favorite passages.

With so many things going on around us, all the noise of this world, it is easy to lose sight of who we are; who we are supposed to be; and to whom we belong. I get so wrapped up in the issues of the day and I begin to feel overwhelmed, afraid, even lost sometimes. I have to admit, being a staunch conservative right now, it is easy to imagine the unthinkable for our futures in this country. Many of my fellow conservatives can even be described as “in a state of panic”. I think it is time for all of us to remember where our destination lies!

Yes, it is very possible that this country is headed in the wrong direction. It is possible that the worst possible scenarios for our country and our society will play themselves out in the next few years. And it is possible that it could all be over tomorrow, in a blink of an eye for me, or for all of us. We just don't know. What I do know is that my God, my savior, and my friend has gone on ahead of me and is getting things ready. I need not worry about this life and the temporal things of this world, in so much that it debilitates me and prevents me from living like God wants me too. This is all temporary and we are just visiting. I am not saying that we shouldn’t be concerned about the things that go on in our country, in our states, or in our communities. By all means be engaged. Let us never give up the good fight, but let us keep it in perspective! Not to long from now folks, WE ARE GOING HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment