Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Passion of the Christ

I watched the "Passion of the Christ" again last night. What an amazing film. If anything in our day is truly touched by God, this film is. It is the first time I've seen it since it's release. I think I've avoided it for a reason.



As I sat there,in my chair sobbing, feeling guilty, one moment in the movie shook me to my core. Christ is on the cross and is asking God to forgive them, for they knew not what they were doing. It struck me like a blow to my very soul. Perhaps they didn't know, but I do! Surely the Jewish leadership of that day was driven by an insidious evil, but what of mine? What allows me, in the face of the reality of the cross, to go on embracing all that is wrong?



God please forgive us, because we know what we do, and we keep on doing it.



The cross demands a response, it should put us on our knees in shame and regret. In pride we ignore or avoid it, like I have. May I never avoid it again and may my response be acceptable and worthy of that sacrifice. What say you?

If you want to watch the video, you need to pause the playlist at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment